Friday, December 17, 2010

Chanel No 35


It's my 35th birthday today! I was dreading this one for most of the year. I don't know why, except that maybe it feels like the next big one is 40 and I just don't see myself as what I have always pictured a 40 year old to be. And, 40 is great. 35 is great. I am so blessed in this life with health, and love and all the little things that make me happy... And, then about a week ago I was playing with Greta and Jack and I thought to myself,"Why would I dread it...is there something I am missing that I thought I would have by this time in my life?" There is nothing more that I could ever want than to have this time with my loves...my babies, by husband and my family.

Life is good. 35 is rockin.

I started the day at 5 am with Jack hollering for me and Greta, as well. I went in her room to tell her it was still night and then I went to Jack who was up for the day. Derek went in and cuddled with Greta and with Jack in my arms, we all slept a little bit longer. They sang to me in their sweet little voices when we all got up and Derek had a birthday package wrapped so nicely with a pretty balloon. I don't know how he managed to hide a balloon from the kids, but he did it!

He got me Chanel no 5 parfum...What I used to wear before I ran out and then had babies and just quit wearing perfume. It smells so great on me. It brings back memories. I love it.

Greta and Jack wanted some on their wrists, too. Greta said she would like a bottle. I told her Daddy would love to buy her first bottle of Chanel No 5 and she said, "Oooo, or No 6!"


No comments: