Thursday, December 2, 2010

All Heart...mostly

Last night we cuddled up on the couch together to watch The Grinch Who Stole Christmas....not the old classic, but the Ron Howard movie. Still, I love it. I think it is super cute. Jack was a liiiiittle bit scared, but that is normal for him. We even got Happy Meals for dinner because Derek is in Austin and we do special, fun stuff when he is gone so the time goes by more quickly. Jack would live on salty french fries if I let him. It is adorable to watch him dip them in ketchup with such satisfaction.
Then Greta starts to cry....sob. Huge tears and I can't tell why. Not hurt, not fighting... Well, she was crushed that the Who's were mean to the Grinch when he was child. It seriously crushed her. This girl, I tell you, may bring about world peace.


Oh, but on the flip side. She got so mad at me and Derek because we wouldn't let her take a toy on a trip to Home Depot. We held our ground on the matter and Greta raised her arm, clenched a fist and made a crashing sound with her big pink pout. Then she said, "Lightning bolts at you." I love it. (It also beats out the story of the time she slammed me on the head with a frying pan during a play date.) I can still hear the noise it made.

And, our Jack....He is talking a lot more, but the funny thing is that he has the habit of saying, "uhh" Before every single word. Is he French? And, typing "uhh" doesn't even really embody the sound he makes...It is seriously this nasal French noise. Uhh poopoo.

We are still working on Jaques sleeping abilities. Derek has taken over his night wakings and it has lead to mostly sleeping through the night. But at first, as Derek walked into his nursery Jack would yell, "Not you! Uhh!" so sweet. He wants his mamma, but Derek has won him over and let him know that everything is ok and he can sleep without boob. Yep, he's French.

This morning Greta had her dance class. While we ate breakfast she asked to see the Nutcracker up on the Apple TV. She and Jack danced their feet off holding hands and sweeping through the living room. I was taken with those mamma tears again, like I can't believe this is my life, watching my kids do this thing that would only happen in my cheesy mamma dreams. My heart.


No comments: