Sunday, January 2, 2011

A New Day




It is not so much that I feel like I have gotten a fresh start this 2011, but I do feel as if I am starting this year off with a wealth of knowledge that I didn't have last year. Better than a resolution - I feel I can't fail! And, if I do fail, then I will be smarter for it in 2012.

I am excited for all of the fun stuff we can do. I am thankful for our health and for our hope. I think it is going to be a good one.

Feeling welcome....We went to see family on January first. Judy and Charles Cole are my mom's cousins and every year they have a house full of family. They serve incredible lunch and desserts...Brisket and green beans, mashed potatoes and a homemade cheesecake that was gone before I unfolded my napkin. We felt so welcome. The cousins played until they were limp with exhaustion.

We exchanged Christmas ornaments and the kids went fishing. By fishing, I must explain that the older cousins hung one of Judy's antique quilts in a bedroom doorway and made a fishing pole for the kids - a yardstick with a string and clip on the end. The kids cast over the quilt and the older cousins clipped toys and gave the pole a big tug to let them know there was a bite. Greta caught a pink frog, a blue caterpillar and a little fuzzy bunny. Jack caught a blue frog, a blue caterpillar and hot wheels car.

It's a good day when the fish are bitin'.

No comments: