Wednesday, January 5, 2011

He is Fluent

I wouldn't necessarily say that Jack is a late bloomer in terms of talking because I am taking into consideration that he is the second born, and a boy - both of which are characteristics of kiddos that talk a little later than some. Dr. Kate said he would have a language boom around 18 months or 24 months. I waited. He just stuck with the basics of Mamma, Dadda, Igig, eat, moo....etc. And, to my pleasant surprise, in the past few weeks he is speaking to us in phrases! All of a sudden this little guy has something to say! My favorite is his answer to, "Jack, what is that?" He says, "I donno, Wha?" He knows his colors and princesses and big words like, "Downstairs"! I think he knew them all along, but was loving the extra attention.

I have been wanting him to talk more because with it comes his awesome sense of humor. The kid is a nut and has always loved it when he makes us laugh. A day without laughter is not on the schedule.

Speaking of words. Greta has a new one, as well. She said Dammit. She said, "I miss my friends dammit I can't wait to see them at school. I replayed it in my head 3 times before I looked at Derek and mouthed, "Did she say ______?" His eyes bugged out and he nodded. Oops. My bad, there. I will own that one. We let it go. She had no idea what she said, and I am hopping it will fade away. But, yesterday she came to me and said, "Do you know I have a wicked mouth?"

I said, "Yes, I am aware of this fact." Can't wait to hear what my sailors say next, can you?

No comments: