Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Let's Play







There is an elementary school (the one Greta and Jack will attend if we still live in this house) that is the perfect walk away from our house. It has the perfect Koi pond jumping with frogs right infront underneath the flag pole that we have to run 'round and 'round every time we go. Derek took Greta and Jack to the playground behind the school several times this past weekend so I could work on finishing Greta's big girl room. I wallpapered. I can't wait to show you! Greta said, "Oh my goodness it is beautiful but not pink!"

Greta is so eager to meet new friends. While at the park another dad brought his two children. Greta called them Big Sister and Little Brother the whole time. They had fun and were smeared with sweaty dirt and had wind blown hair when they got home. Greta made a deal with the other father. She told him, " Ok ok, here's the deal. I am going to watch Big Sister ride her bike and then I am going to go get into the car, go home, and take a nigh nigh." He laughed and told Derek that she makes good deals.

We went to Katie, Chris and Chase's for bbq and splash time with the water table. We always laugh a lot with Katie and Chris. It is refreshing. And, speaking of refreshing, Chris makes the best mixed drinks. He really does! I never turn him down when he offers me something cool. And, just so we don't break tradition, Greta and Jack were both nude by the time we said our goodbyes. (I have pictures).

On Sunday our air conditioner motor came to a grinding halt. It has been a hot few days, of course. But, my brainy husband just fixed it on his own. I feel the cool on my cheeks once again, and can tell you that it should never be taken for granted! It would have been fixed sooner but there is a story behind it....there was a mouse that kept building a nest and biting wires that made components short out. Derek came face to face with the little rodent. He said he was cute! That is my husband for you!

Cute kids, cute mice. Lovely times.

No comments: