Monday, May 17, 2010

Laughter and Tears









I don't know if this happens to anyone besides me, but sometimes I laugh besides when things are funny...sometimes I laugh when things are not funny. I used to laugh when my older sister was getting in trouble, and it wasn't because I was laughing, I was just emotional and it came out as laughter. Funny, I know.

This is that trip to see Papa that I mentioned. Nonna, Papa's mom, was coming to visit, so we got double the treat. My dad's cousin, David was back for a visit with his wife, Faye and they came along, too. The kids loved them. They loved all of them. I even heard Greta tip toe up to Faye and tell her she loved her, bless her little heart! Nonna hasn't seen the kids very many times...I have to be completely honest here. This was her first time to meet Jack, so it was special to me. I hope she will come and visit more often!

So there were a lot of emotions this day. There were tears and laughter and they meshed together and sometimes I couldn't tell the difference when we were all laughing at Jack and Greta doing their usual crowd pleasers. And, though Papa can't tell you what he is feeling most of the time now, it is very clear. There is so much love there.

I got home and looked at the pictures from the day. I didn't get my camera out until Faye had already gone to the car, so I regret not getting her in these. But, when I looked at the pictures I was smiling so big, but having tears, too. I see the love and it is unmistakable.

No comments: