Monday, April 5, 2010

Rejuvenation


This beautiful Spring is what we needed. Every Spring I feel a sense of newness come alive in me. The windows are open and breezes blow little girl dresses and ponytails and laughter in from the kids playing outside in the new soft yard. I feel excited. It is like being a kid again with not a care in the world, and I will repeat, it is what we needed!

Time to uncover the grill and heat it up! Time for new sand in the sandbox and new shovels and buckets to gather the pet worms before the robins get them all! Around this house we feel there is so much more to do and even have extended bed time for the past week. It is too hard to fall asleep with the sunshine still peeking through your window shades.

On the bright and warm mornings I have gone outside and watched Greta and Jack stand side by side at their sandbox playing while I sit and have a big glass of grapefruit juice and I have laughed out loud and even had those crazy mom tears where you realize how perfect something so simple can be and you feel so lucky for it. They play so nice together with their toys in the sand. They chatter to each other about the toys coming to life and squeal and then they pour sand over their heads and I laugh even harder because this is karma. I used to do that and my mother was a wreck over the sand in my hair. Now I know why and I love it and the dirty bathtub even more.

And even though outside is so nice, we are working so hard on finishing up the playroom. It needs to have a few more coats of mud and some serious sanding, then painting and carpet and finishing touches. Rainy days will be welcome around here very soon. Our imaginations are coming up with so many fun ideas - I can't wait to see what comes to be. Though the slide from our family room is out, I know there will be some swings and a club house and possibly a wardrobe to a far away land...

No comments: