Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Boy





I am fixating on Jack the boy, as he is fixated on me these past days....weeks. Jack has been sick. And he has been needing mamma's arms to hold him at night for hours at a time. He has me wrapped around his little boy pinkie, too. I can't deny him comfort, especially when he is suffering with a cough and stuffed nose. And I also think his teeth glow in the dark because I see him smiling up at me in the dark nursery. Sharks would envy this toothy smile that I see in the dark...grinning at me while the rest of the boy is asleep.

We have gotten closer and are enjoying our time together. We have had some beautiful mornings out in the backyard. It feels so good to get fresh air - especially since the lilacs are blooming. Lilacs are my favorite. I think they might also be Jack's favorite because he seems to love the scent on the wind as he swings in the backyard. He relaxes totally and even shuts his eyes unlike his sister who would kick her legs and squeal with every push! Higher, HIGHER! But then he gives you that smile again if you push the swing enough to tickle his tummy.

And, Jack the boy loves to slide. He is also much better at it than his sister who could always manage to come down end over end rather than what she had predicted. He is proud of his skills. He is also proud of his wardrobe. Never would I have imagined that Jack the boy would have such ideas and demands for what he will and will not wear. I should say, "WILL NOT WEAR!" He has opinions and we know it. He wants to dress like his daddy in hipster jeans (skinny leg) and black tee shirts. Here, he is pictured in half dress/ half jammie because sister ran outside before he was finished picking out a top. But, robots are hip. Daddy said so. And, mommy is too tired to protest!

Jack, you make me smile, you happy little boy!

1 comment:

The Kazmaier's said...

He is adorable...and man, growing up too fast. What a metro...picking out his own clothes. HA! :)