Friday, March 26, 2010

Enjoying

I am enjoying being a mamma.

This morning Derek and I took the kids to a preschool for a tour and show Greta what excitement lies in her near future. She wanted either Derek or me to hold her through the hallways and upon entering each room she slid down and touched the floor with her tippy toes and cautiously moved forward to the kids involved in their crafts. Then she would turn back to me and say, "Mamma, are you going to be here?" Oh, yes. I am going to be here.

Letting her go is going to tear me up. Why is it so hard to let go? Derek used to joke about me sitting outside her kindergarten classroom while she is inside learning how to read....yes, just sitting there and peeking in the windows at her. Camping out until noon when we can walk home together and play dress up. I just might.

Until then, I have a few good years to soak it all up and hug her to death. I am enjoying.

No comments: