Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sniffles

I have a cold. And, I have jammed two tissues up my nose so I can write without dripping. It's hard to be a sick mommy. But, I think we are through the worst of it. I am feeling some relief and am so thankful that my kiddos were gentle with me and they even took long naps for a change so I could, too. Jack slept better at night than he has his whole life! I can not complain one bit!

Jack and I did keep our traditional late night date. He is so sweet when he wakes in the night. He stands up in his crib and cries out, "Mamma?" I wake up even before he calls out. Because I am trained, I can hear him rustle around in his crib, and I can tell when he is awake. So, I go in and sweep him up in his soft blanket and I hold him tight and we rock in the chair and slowly doze back off to sleep. Last night my nose was dripping so badly that I stuffed tissues up there again. As we were rocking I was dozing off, too, and Jack started up the giggles and I realized that my head was falling forward and the other end of the tissue was tickling him on the nose! I love those baby giggles - yes, even sweet at 3 am. Jack is such a good sport. I am especially glad he didn't open his eyes to behold the vision I was, tissues and all.


Jack is almost 18 months old. I don't even know where the time has gone.

Greta told Jack that she loved him. And, my heart melted. Hand me another tissue.

No comments: