Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Room to Grow



Saturday of our Valentine's weekend is going to surprise, as it was not full of chocolates and romance, but of levels and nail guns and male bonding. Derek and our friend, Rob, started to build our new room! Rob, his wife, Paula and their adorable son, Will, all came over at sunrise for a Valentine breakfast I made (to thank them for sacrificing this day to help us). We had home made cinnamon rolls, juice, coffee, fresh fruit and my famous egg foo casserole. Ok, the only thing valentiney about it was the sweet little candles I lit - no heart cookie cutters were available to me.

The men began the work and the rest of us had a play date by the fire and I smiled the whole time knowing that my little ones were getting a dream room to play in. I can't wait to see them let their imaginations run wild with the freedom that this is their own room to use to it's fullest. We are putting in a giant chalk board and a swing and a slide and a stage and a closet for dress up and princess gowns. There will be a loft/ Huck Fin Hideaway and bean bag chairs to watch movies and munch popcorn. They can draw, and paint and create and I hope they do!

I hope they love their new playroom as much as we do!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

this was a fun day for us! no sacrifice, no way!

GretaLouise and JackBoyer said...

Paula! I didn't know you knew I kept a blog! Now I can thank you again for your help! We had a great time, too - Greta did nap right after you left, and she would like to play again soon!