Saturday, February 27, 2010

Boyish Good Looks







Another "First" came and went today. Our Jack Jack got to have his very first haircut! I am being strong, and I am not shedding tears. In the wee hours of the morning as I held him and lullabied him back to sleep I took some extra time to close my eyes and twirl his baby locks in my fingers. It is not so much that I will miss his mullet, but I miss my baby and his baby things fading away. Folding away the tiny little clothes and shoes and hats and filling his closet with little man pants - mini hipster jeans and t shirts with quirky words, and boyish plaids. Soon he will smell like a boy, too, and not my sweet, soft, baby.

Okay, I admit that he is taller than a two year old already, but the blur of baby-dom and encore of sleepless nights makes it appropriate for him to remain still in baby category, and I will cherish it until he says, Mom, you're embarrassing me.


Good bye baby curls. Hello my Charlie Brown boy.


Onward we go....the sandbox awaits!

1 comment:

The Kazmaier's said...

Awe! He looks sooooooo handsome. :-) It is sad...seeing the fresh baby fade away...into dirty messy toddlerhood.