Thursday, September 17, 2009

Roses



When she was just born, she looked like a perfect little rose bud. I called her Rosey Posey. I almost named her Rosey, but I recall Derek's strong aversion to Rosie O'Donnell putting the name Greta in the lead. And, as the saying goes, she is still just as sweet as Greta than she would have been by any other name.

We went to Loose Park today. It was a gorgeous day with a bright blue sky and sunshine and a cool breeze. The roses were so fragrant. The playground was cheerful. Greta still giggles and kicks her legs in the swing. And Greta challenges herself. She is afraid of walking across any type of grated material...like the metal grating that are the floors of most playgrounds. She got halfway up today and melted into a little scared lump calling, "Mamma, mamma, I need you!" I ran to her and she clung to me so tight and together we went down the slide to the safe, soft ground. But, by the end of our playtime, she made it to the slide herself and her smile was like the sunshine when she appeared by herself at the bottom. We had a great day.

And, Jack ate a rock. I think he liked it.

No comments: