Monday, June 1, 2009

Papa's Birthday





So....Last Saturday was Papa's birthday. I told Greta the day before that we would go to see him and have cake. There are no 2 things greater...Apparently. We put her down to sleep as usual with a bath and reading books and rocking and singing songs. I shut the light out and said goodnight. Greta continued to sing happy birthday to Papa over and over and over again until 11 o'clock when I finally fell asleep. She may have gone longer. I also heard her singing, "If I knew you were coming I'd have baked a cake"...This is one of our favorites to sing in the kitchen and it has quirky choreography you may also see someday.

I thought that she would sleep in since she was awake so late, but the little bug was up at daylight and ready to go. We got ready and drove to Clinton where upon our arrival Greta announced that she was tired and needed to go home! But we made it through lunch and ate at a cute little cafe on the Clinton square. We went home for ice cream cake and instead of singing for Papa like she had practiced, Greta just put her fingers in her mouth and jumped at odd beats through the song. Papa beamed with pride. He is 66! We love him so much.

Jack showed off and stood up unassisted for the first time. He stood there and gave a grin and then slowly crouched down with ease. He is amusing us with his usual antics. Jack turns 8 months tomorrow and I really just don't believe it. It is going too fast. Papa said the same thing...His 66 years have flown by....Guess we are having fun!

No comments: