Saturday, April 18, 2009

Peas





Jack is a big fan of eating. Greta is my food model. She tries the baby food first to show Jack how good it is. Even peas were a hit after a few bites!

I have to admit that starting Jack on solids has been a big step for me. I breast fed Greta for 17 months and Jack has been exclusively breast fed up to this point. Breast feeding a baby is such a large commitment, but for me it has been a labor of love. I don't mind the late night nursing when I think about how quickly it will be a blurry memory. It has been such a sweet experience for me and I know that starting solids is the first step to weaning, so I find it a little bit sad. But, only sad for a little while because seeing your baby thrive and try new things is the best part of being a parent...Especially when they delight in something as simple as mushed up peas! So far Jack has tried avocado, bananas, peas and sweet potatoes...And I mixed them all with breast milk because that is the control freak that I am!

No comments: