Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter









Great Grandpa and Grandma came from Andover to see the kids and bring chocolate bunnies. Poppy and Grandma came from Louisville and spent a long weekend with us. We had spring showers and beautiful sunshine filled days for their visit and had fun at the park with ice cream cones. It was so much fun to dye Easter eggs with Katie and Chris and Chase. I will never forget how excited Jack was to be with Chase! He was really bursting with enthusiasm! Jack couldn't resist touching and bouncing over to Chase. It warms my heart to see them play together. Greta dyed eggs and sang "Here Comes Peter Cottontail". We ate D'Bronx pizza and carrot cake! Greta and I agree that the pink eggs are the prettiest.

Easter morning was just a ball finding eggs with Greta. We ate chocolates all morning and had a hard time saving room for brunch when Grandparents arrived! I made Egg Foo casserole and lemon cakes, cinnamon rolls and had fresh blackberries, blueberries, strawberries and grapes. We had hot coffee and sparkling orange juice. And I put the biggest bows in Greta's hair that I could find!

I missed my parents this year. They were heading up to Mayo Clinic for the care of my Dad. He has Parkinson's Disease and has been suffering. I pray that this Easter brings new life and hope for him the most. I know it will!

1 comment:

The Kazmaier's said...

Awe Bec, this is why I need to stay in better touch with you more regularly...I didn't know your dad was having a rough time...I mean I knew he was, but not to the degree is sounds like. I'm so sorry. If you need anything or just to talk, you know I'll drop everything in an instant to see you...