Monday, April 20, 2009

Dinner out on Friday








So, getting out on a Friday night is nothing like it used to be for us. It usually takes a few diaper changes to get perfectly ready to jump into the car...or somebody spits up on me or himself, or both. We have to find Niney the blanket, a cup of milk, and a binkey or two for Jack. But, on Friday night, we did it and had a great time seeing our old friend, Cohen and his parents, Tara and Jason. We met at our favorite kid friendly restaurant in Leawood, Ingredient. The ice rink they had in the winter was down and the sod was laid with the deck chairs all around. We took a blanket and made ourselves at home. After eating dinner we walked over and picked out a few flavors of gelato. Banana and toffee, and caramel with sea salt were my favorites. Greta and I shared and Jack played in the grass until he fell asleep in my arms. I don't know why yet, but every time we take Jack to a party or dinner with many people, he sleeps. Noise is obviously not an issue for him! Maybe we need to join a late night bowling league or something.

Scratch that. I can see him army crawling down the lane as I type this. He is fast and furious on his little tummy. When he crawls, he makes raspberry noises, too. Greta calls him the choo choo train. Oh my goodness! And, we had to lower his crib mattress as I found Jack standing up in the crib grinning at me right before we left for dinner! How did he do that so early? The baby is in a world of discovery!

Greta is a great role model for him. She couldn't be any sweeter, and it melts my heart every time she sings "Baby Mine" to me. On Easter, we showed her "The Sound of Music" and she was amazed that they were singing "Raindrops on Roses and Whiskers on Kittens, MAMMA!" These are a few of her favorite things...mine, too!

No comments: