Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Happy to be here



We are just a few days short of 7 months old. Jack is very happy to be here. He is taking on the world, and believe me when I tell you that there is no holding him back. He is crawling with lightning speed and pulls up on everything. I find that he has this insatiable need to explore and examine everything in his sight. He wears me out, but when I see that smile I can't help but feel happy, too.

Greta has a new friendship blossoming with our neighbor, Caitlin. She is 3 months younger than Greta and such a spitfire! We are really going to have a fun summer and are planning weekly trips to the zoo and farmstead with her. Potty training is going very well. We have been using EC (Elimination Communication) for about a year now, so Greta is really good at knowing when she needs to go and telling me so. It makes her laugh to hear, "tinkle tinkle". What a hoot.

Greta has the sweetest spirit. Last Friday we took my dad to the Veteran's Home in Warrensburg, MO to see if it would be a good fit for him and his healthcare needs. Greta sat on Papa's lap in the wheelchair the whole time we were there, through the whole tour. She sat so still and was so quiet. She laid her head on his arm and even started sliding between his legs, but still didn't move. Another grandpa at the home gave Greta a little pack of M&Ms and she held them in her hand the whole time up and away from her body like she was amazed to see them. It made me feel so happy to see those two together. Greta and Papa are quite a pair. So, when my dad is ready to stay at the Veteran's home, I think there will be a lot of happy grandpa's there to see Greta, and I think her heart is already big enough to share her love and compassion. And Jack will share all of his big smiles!

1 comment:

The Kazmaier's said...

Doesn't seem possible!!! 7 months? And look at him! Those wittle teefers and that amazing smile!

Greta is quite the big girl! YEAH FOR HER!