Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Spending Some Time

Sunday I left the kids at home to play with Derek.  I went to see Papa without them.  I always have them with me.  The car was so quiet this time.

I found dad in the cafeteria finishing his lunch.  I took him back to his room and let him have a breathing treatment while I decorated his Christmas Tree.  When he finished his treatment I turned his chair so he could see the lights glowing in the dimmed room.  We listened to a few Christmas songs and then settled in to watch a movie.  Hugo.  Dad tried for a few minutes to get his arm over onto the armrest on his chair, but he couldn't do it. I tried and it was so stiff that I was scared I would break him. So, I held his hand in mine and he finally relaxed and stopped shaking.  I got to hold his hand through the whole movie.  When his eyes closed, we took a break and I helped him open them again.  He watched the movie with the wonder of a child.  But, he has always been like this.  Movies have always taken him to a favorite place, and this one was perfect for us to watch together.

It was exactly right. It felt so good to be with him.  He even said, "I love you, too."

No comments: