Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Favoring Jack

Even though we were at Disneyland for Jack's birthday, we wanted to bake him a cake and celebrate with our friends who have known him since day one.  We celebrated Jack with his favorite, Jack Skellington and The Nightmare Before Christmas.  I could have gone bonkers and spent tons of money on decorations - It is so fun to combine Halloween and Christmas! I do believe the neighbors think me crazy now, too!  Big fat pumpkins and colored lights mixed with spider garland and flickering candles set the scene.

Jack loved his cake. I am getting better at these.  I made a very moist vanilla cake (light and white) with blackberry preserves and buttercream alternated between the layers.  The blackberry was the perfect touch and it bled into the cake making a masterpiece once cut.

The punch was Frog's Breath.  And, we ordered up Jack's favorite....pizza.





No comments: