Monday, December 5, 2011

The Boy

Some would say he is all boy. He has, and always has had the biggest boy feet...Like Golden Retriever puppy paws. He has these soft brown eyes with perfect eyelashes and he has soft skin and a petite nose and mouth. He kisses me with long kisses and hugs with strong arms. He always has dirty fingernails.

But, a woman told him what a pretty girl he was at Costco. She said she liked her green coat. I just smiled at her and said thank you. As we rolled our cart past, Jack growled, "Me not gurl, me boy." Do many little girls wear green coats? I know his hair is longer than most little boys, but isn't it okay for boys to have longer hair? I only wonder these things because she was not the first nor last to make the assumption that Jack was a little lady.

He says the funniest things to me. He asked me, "Mamma, dis my wite hand?" I said back to him, "YES! Very good! That is your right hand!" "Den dis my wong hand, mamma?"

He wakes at the crack of dawn before the sun is up. He comes into our room and whisper/shouts, "It morning time yet?" We wake with him and have cereal to start the day. He is a morning person with outrageous bedhead and sweet breath.

He now sleeps in a "big boy bed" not a "cib". I cried the day we converted it. I made the kids cry. They thought something was wrong. Nothing was wrong it is all right...just happening too fast.



No comments: