Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Hello July!

This month is absolutely like a firecracker...I say it is blazing hot, way too much fun and over too fast. The summer is in full swing. We live it up. We love it all. We have been making great memories around the house by starting our days at sun up. Jack wakes at 6:01 every single morning without fail. Greta is soon to follow and Derek takes the birds downstairs for a little wake up time. I stay in bed and listen. I hear funny conversations and cereal bowls being played with spoons. I hear numerous attempts by Jack to climb the stairs in stealth to wake me, and Derek catches him...usually. When he doesn't, I play asleep and try not to laugh as he gallops in and whispers in baby boy whisper right in my face, centimeters away from my eyes. "Open dem up and play, Mamma. It mornin time now." It makes me smile, glad I am a morning person.

We love our backyard and sandbox. Greta and Jack love the wet sand and make me cookies. Greta always sniffs the lilies and denies it, but there is always yellow dust on her nose. It is her fairy garden, wild and un kept, but perfect for a vivid imagination. Jack always tries to get the hose out to fill the pool - the boy loves to live it up. He is busy and quick to find entertainment. Little does he know that he is the entertainment.

Jack wears his underwear backwards with the picture on the front. He likes his shoes on the wrong feet better, and he narrates. He doesn't stop the flow of thought from his lips, that boy tells it all. It is a constant stream of fact and knowledge and then a thoughtful recap if you gave him no response. And, the best part about it is that Jack, new to language, sounds like Buckwheat from the Little Rascals. Never a dull moment.

May July stay a while.

No comments: