Tuesday, April 26, 2011

ican't type on the ipad

About 3 weeks ago Derek bought me a new ipad and I love it and am using it now instead of my macbook, but I haven't written because I am still getting used to typing on it. I gave up and came back to my keyboard so I can write down what we have been up to...before I forget!

Greta is healing and doing so great with her cast. She writes her name with her left hand now. She eats well and she still dances! We have been in to see our surgeon several more times and go again this Friday to determine when the pin will be removed. She will still have her cast on for her dance recital in June. She will be wonderful! She has taken a strong interest in Black Swan after I showed her a clip of the movie with the Black Swan dancing. We are considering gluing feathers to her cast for her performance.

I have been working! I was hired to assist my dear friend and mentor, Laurel, shooting 3 days for Apple bee's. We had a ball and once again it felt great to do something else that I love besides mothering. Greta and Jack absolutely adore Elif, who watches them.... I would call her a nanny, but that sounds totally pretentious. And, she is too professional to be a babysitter. Maybe I will call her B Mommy. She loves them, too, and that is why going back to work is rewarding to me at all. I came home from day 2 of shooting to find them all in the back yard with construction paper bunny ears on their heads and homemade Easter baskets. But, Greta was pulling up all of my hastas pretending they were radishes. Oh well. Our yard won't look much different. When I enter a gardening center, Derek sweetly asks, "Who wants to die?" The petunias wilt away from me.

This Easter was one of my favorites. I will post more about it, but I want to note that it was a really lovely day that I really enjoyed like you always hope to enjoy a holiday. We had great food. Greta and Jack were totally spoiled and loved every minute and it was easy to breathe and sigh with a smile on my face. I got to see two of my very best friends from college. It makes me smile, still. There are few friends that can go a decade without being in touch and pick up right were things left off. Maybe that is how you know they were ever your friends to begin with. Love them. Love.

love.


1 comment:

Nicole @ Nicole Clark blog said...

I have to say I am bit jealous that you have a ipad. We are discussing getting one. I am really hopeng we can! Enjoy it.