Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Pretty Little Boy


I just read a blog that a friend of mine follows. She had posted about a mom yanking a pink bracelet off of her 2 1/2 year old son's wrist and throwing it on the ground telling him that, "Boy's don't wear bracelets." It struck me funny for a few reasons. One is that boys actually do wear bracelets, and the other is that this little boy is smarter than his mommy. Poor kiddo.

I came home from running errands last Saturday to find my baby Jack wearing a red polka dot dress with ABC, 123 appliques and white PeterPan collar. Greta was close by his side in her Snow White gown. She said he wanted to be Snow White, too. Rock on, little man. And, he looked really pretty. He also has really great legs in princess heels. I don't feel like it has anything to do with gender at this point, but rather imagination and recognition. Props to my dear husband who enjoys watching our kids be themselves...without any interference. We locked eyes when I saw Jack and we both chucked and smiled...But not nearly as big as Jack!

No comments: