Wednesday, September 8, 2010

First Day...A Piece of Cake Love




Greta went to school! She was so proud and so excited. She picked out her dress, wanted to wear braids and she hid Rapunzel in her lady bug back pack just incase she was lonely. This big day that seemed so far away for so long was today and I can hardly believe she has grown up so fast.

Greta was the star student today! That meant that she was the line leader, got to hold the flag, got to bring the snack for the day and also an item for show and tell. Snacks are our specialty, let me tell you. We took in nice napkins, cold milk and animal crackers in these cute little boxes. Greta chose Tinkerbell for show and tell. It made me smile so much...The Tinkerbell she chose to take in was one that my mom, Gee, found at her flea market, I am sure. It is a Barbie Tinkerbell that as strangely stiff hair that was more than likely sprayed with Aqua Net by it's previous owner. Greta loves her. She said, "I want to take the Tinkerbell and tell them all that Gee gave her to me!" It was the sweetest thing ever...My heart almost burst.

We stopped in the garden for some pictures and then into the class room. I fought back tears and Greta was so excited and brave. I watched her walk into the classroom and turn and wave to us. I watched her walk toward the children playing and that was that. Except, at this point Jack was beside himself. He became a malfunctioning snot machine that was totally crushed he couldn't play, too. I didn't expect this! My little man was torn up leaving his sister (he calls her E-gee). So we took him to pick out a treat - a dinosaur puzzle! Greta got a new princess to welcome her back, and we all got sprinkle donuts. Derek was with us and it meant so much. After coffee and donuts, he had to fly to Washington D.C. to shoot a documentary about Warren Brown, founder of Cake Love. It is such an exciting time. He said he would try to make it back with a cupcake for me. I said, at least try to get a recipe!

These are such exciting times. I am so proud of my new student. She begins ballet and tap tomorrow. And, Derek has recently been promoted at VML to ACD (Associate Creative Director). Also, proud. There is so much to celebrate here...and cupcakes would be a perfect start!

1 comment:

The Kazmaier's said...

Ah!!! What a great start! She is BEAUTIFUL too. Such a sweet disposition. Glad she loves school!