Monday, January 18, 2010

Quite Possibly Cabin Fever...







The kids are ready to play in the sunshine. But we have something else in mind that will also light up their faces. We have begun work on finishing our basement into a play room just for them! It has been so fun to brainstorm the many creative ideas for this space - I even want to build a tube slide from our living room down to it...we'll see! We have begun pricing out flooring and lumber and drywall and choosing paint colors and designing specialized areas for the kids to be kids and play and make messes and pretend and create. I love that I also get my living room back and won't have to pick Play-Doh out of the carpet ever again! And, then we look to the kitchen....where the walls will be coming down rather than going up! We may be crazy to even attempt this with 2 small children, but there are very few dull moments here with all of this planning. Derek and I saw the potential in this house when we bought it. We love this area and the schools and the shopping and ease of living here with kids. I love that we are making this house our home, though very slowly, and growing into it as a family. It makes it better when you have cabin fever.

Cross your fingers that Derek lets me put the slide in!

No comments: