Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas with PaPa and Gee









A few days following Christmas, due to the slick roads, we finally made it to see PaPa and Gee. PaPa had gifts for Greta and Jack! I tell you, I had to hold back my tears as he watched them open with his soft brown eyes full of such love. He is unable to venture out for shopping like the rest of us. And, I know that part of the fun of Christmas is giving - especially to your grand babies. The Veteran's home set up a boutique for the men and women at the home to shop and have gifts wrapped. What he gave was nothing really. But, it meant more to me than I can even tell you.

Gee came with gifts and we all ate Chinese food together. Greta got a Snow White baby doll. Gee said, "It isn't really Christmas unless I get to give a sweet little girl a dolly." She adores it. Greta also got a leopard coat that she said is "dragon". Jack got an "alive" black bear cub that moves and makes bear sounds. He thinks it is his buddy.

No comments: