Monday, January 12, 2009

Purrfect Ending

The luckiest black cat in the whole wide world lives here with us. Zira. Zira is Derek's biological cat that I adopted upon marriage. She is black and sleek with a spot of white on her chest and the voice of a Siamese Diva that echos through the ventilation system of our home. She is bad...Bad to the core...the ultimate cat that does every bad cat thing at cat could think of. She shredded the back of our brand new couch about 1 month after we had it delivered. She knocked my gorgeous crystal bowl off of the table and shattered it into a gazillion pieces. (I was not home when this incident occurred, but know she is the guilty party because when I held her in my arms and walked to the site of where the bowl sat, she suddenly stuck to the ceiling.) She climbed up our brand new linen curtains and hung by them making lovely holes. I could go on, but it is just making my blood boil.

Her days were numbered. Derek and I had many talks about what to do....The cat was just not getting what she needed to be happy. She needs so much attention and she acts out when not satisfied. We talked about finding her a new home, or taking her to Wayside Waifs, or even just having her put down in the most humane way. But, it always made us cry to think of her suffering at our hand, even though she makes us crazy. And then luck favored her. Greta decided that she was her new BFF. Oh, Zira, you are one lucky little kitty that will be spared. And, now I can watch with a smile on my face as Greta and Zira run through the kitchen and dining room and living room....Zira running, with Greta hot on her trail. I smile as Greta adores her by laying on top of her and smothering her with hugs and kisses. Greta is good with her - very gentle and sweet...but very persistent! Everyone is happy!

No comments: