Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Asleep

Oh, how I wish I was. I am in the haze of motherhood where I think I have everything under control and a schedule intact and then I realize that I don't even know what day it is or what happened three days ago. Then I think back to simple conversations that I have had with people and realize that I have no business having any conversations....At least not until I get more than 2 hours of uninterrupted sleep, or a nap where there isn't a baby nursing on me. Oh, dear!

And at the same time it is bliss because I know there is an end and I will regret so much wishing this time away. I wake up to Greta calling out from her crib to me an hour after I finally got Jack to sleep and I want to curl up and cry. But, then she says something funny and the tone is set for the day - or at least for the next five minutes as I am learning that there is a special vortex where time and intent is concerned with toddlers.

See, now I don't even know what I am talking about or where I was going with this. You know when you are watching the news...Let's say Fox news...And there is the breaking story and while you are listening to the brief you are reading the ticker at the bottom of the screen and eyeballing the tags to the side. And there is so much all at once, but that is because there are so many people in the world, and life is happening, and it doesn't stop....Not even to sleep.

1 comment:

The Kazmaier's said...

Awe Bec! You couldn't have said it better. I feel your pain...and you joy! It will pass and then the real fun will begin, only you'll have enough energy to enjoy it! I the moments where I just want to curl up in a bawl locked in the bathroom with a pillow over my head, I remind myself of exactly what you said...someday we will wish for it all back. And that makes me smile. HANG IN THERE! Love you! Em