Monday, January 6, 2014

Never Too Old to Learn

So sorry to have missed writing our things down. I know I will regret not having this all to look at one day, so I am not opposed to picking right back up as if I never lost....3 months.  We have had some exciting times, and some really fun memories. But you know, these last few months that I have been unable to sit and type about have been a lot about me. I have learned so much about life and myself and I feel really good. I feel like I am finding my way, and I am on a good path. It hasn't been easy, and I did a lot of firsts and reached out of my comfort zone...and I had a lot of tears, but also a load of support.

This new year brings us to a place that just feels right. We are still homeschooling. I have never been more happy. I love these kids more than I can express and I love their minds and their potential and their zest. Now, not everyone thinks it is a good idea. There are fears that Greta and Jack will be lonely or antisocial...de-socialized...  That they won't know what Ketchup is or how to find a train station or bus stop.  I have heard that the kids might not know how to function in the real world, in a job, surrounded by people....my kids might not know how to cope with mean people....but I know better. Greta and Jack are learning more than ever.  We can go so fast and have already covered things that I don't remember learning.  We are having so much fun. We are setting our goals high. And, God forbid, they come across a mean person, it won't even matter because their sights are set so much higher.

The past few months I found myself spinning several plates. I was asked to volunteer to help with vocal music at Bethany Lutheran. I helped direct their Fall Music Program, Grandparent's Day and their Christmas Program.  I began building a home based business sharing doTerra Essential Oils and it has boomed into more than I ever expected.  I have worked some extra challenging food styling jobs with Hill Science Diet, Tai Pei Chinese Cuisine, and AMC Theaters. And, I loaded our homeschooling calendar with Ballet performances, plays, and projects.  There were days that I almost lost my mind. But, I like a challenge!

This year is going to be a bit more relaxed. I crave more freedom and more flexibility. I want it for us. I want to slow down and take in every detail. I want to be sure I sit down and type it out so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle of this very busy world.

No comments: