Saturday, August 17, 2013

Kansas City Kids in the Country

Another day at Deanna Rose Farm is always what this country girl needs (I mean me).  I love it all. Even the poo.  We are getting to know those sweet ponies.










 We always go into the quiet school room and enjoy the blast of air conditioning. I always feel inspired for school to start when we are here in August.  I used to pretend I was Laura Ingalls Wilder and play school with my slate.  I didn't have a Nellie, though.  Can you hear the studying music they always played when Mary was up burning the midnight oil...and the barn?
Jack is ready. PreK look out! He calls it pee k.  This Monday we start the year and I am excited as I see the yellow school buses lining up at the school at the end of our street.  Greta's Academy teacher, Mrs. M, came over for a visit.  She is marvelous. I think we are going to have an incredible year. I am so excited to home school...we get to go to the farm any day we like this fall.  We are going to take it all in!

No comments: