Friday, February 15, 2013

Flying South

I was called to work in Atlanta by AMC a few weeks ago.  My sister and I know their food very well, and very much enjoy working with them.  I flew out very early in the morning and have to admit I was nervous to fly by myself, but I put on my big girl pants and charged onward.


My flight was delayed a few hours, so I got to make Greta's lunch before I took off.  The flight was absolutely full and was delayed, so the captain told us, because they had to repair it all night. Gulp.


We were in an AMC theater that is set up cafeteria style with the treats you can purchase to enjoy during your movie. We were styling hot peperoni pizzas, nachos, chili nachos, hot dogs and chili dogs and an assortment of frozen treats ranging from yogurt to smoothies and slushies.



My fake yogurt! I learned how to make this working on Blue Bunny Ice Cream before Greta was even born! It lasts for weeks!


Filming a wide shot. Lots of lights and models.....and hot dogs!


Can you tell it is a fake? I hope not!



I was smiling to see past work shot in KC.  So sorry my photography is bad.  I could sip a root beer float right about now!


This was my first styling job with AMC years ago.  I am a pro at picking out the prettiest cookies.


And then the tornado sirens went off.  We were safe and sound, but a tornado did hit about 40 minutes away.  I love exciting shoots.


And then we made drinks for a bar shot.  The blue one might be Windex. I'll take a Windex on the rocks, please.

No comments: