Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Getting Ready

She is sitting right beside the couch watching Franklin and chewing on a rubbery bracelet in her new school clothes.  She has on a little pleated khaki skirt with a black polo, knee socks and glittery maryjanes.  She has her hair pulled back in a pink bow, but it hasn't been brushed all day.

Just before this moment I looked at her and had tears. She said, "You are crying." I told her it was because I remember holding her all day long when she was a little baby and she has grown up so fast that sometimes I wish I could hold her again just for a minute.  She said I could always hold her.  I did. And I rocked her in my arms and I told her that the world was all hers and I was so excited for her because I know she is going to do great things.  She is so brave and so smart.  She is so kind and also compassionate.  She is a good friend.  She is teaching me so much as she is about to start her journey through school.


No comments: