Monday, June 13, 2011

Bug Cuts a Rug




There are moments you know you are never going to forget in your life. There are moments you want to replay over again and when you do in your mind, they are so great you still get chills and tears. There are good moments and bad. Well, we had a good moment last weekend. Greta had her very first dance recital with The Pulse Performing Arts Center. She was a tap dancing ladybug. She brought down the house with her cuteness and four year old finesse. And I started crying before I even saw her little wings appear on the stage. My mom was sitting on one side of me and Derek was on the other with Jack in his lap. I sat by my mother and for the very first time I knew how she felt so many times before waiting for me to go on stage, watching me in the lights, hearing my voice and clapping so hard at the end, no matter what, that her hands had heartbeats themselves.

Oh, I was so nervous for Greta and so excited for her. I hoped she wouldn't be scared. I hoped she would love it and feel good about all of her hard work (well, hardly) this year....all of that skipping around the room and toe pointing. I asked her the week before, "Do you know the dance?" "Nope." I was so excited to see what would happen. And, my mom, knowing what a big thing this was, was right there with us for both shows.

The show itself blew me away. The Pulse is owned by a dancer named Curtis and his partner, Brandon. Curtis and 3 other teachers choreograph an entire show, while Brandon writes, lights, scores and creates a program for this show. The work was amazing and more professional than I ever imagined! The costumes were gorgeous and so elegant, classy and well, as a mom I have to say it, age appropriate. Greta was a part of something big and we are so proud of her. The Wishes was the name of the show, and it was very fitting for this certain mamma and her ladybug.




Honorable mention goes to Jack, the two and a half year old thrill seeker that sat through not only one 2 and a half hour show, but two, with minimal fidgeting. I don't even think many 35 year olds can do this. Here's to Jack!

No comments: