Thursday, November 5, 2009

I'munna Get You, You better Run!



Hide and seek was our morning activity. Greta told me, "I will count to 12 and you go hide in the curtains!" Jack was on my team because he wouldn't let me put him down - my sweet little monkey. So, we agreed and Greta began counting with her hands over her eyes. I decided not to hide in the curtains, but to hide on the stairs so I could watch her run by and try to find me in the curtains...heh heh heh.

"One, two, free. Ready or not, herewhy come!" She ran past me snorting and laughing and and then realized she had seen us out of the corner of her eye. "You aren't in the curtains!" She got me, smarty pants.

Our turn. Jack and I counted to 12 slowly to give her time. "Ready or not, here I come!" I opened my eyes and started to trot around the room and pretend to look for her, who would be hiding in the curtains. And, upon taking my first step out of the corner where I was counting, I almost squash her into the floor. "I got you!" she said. She sure did. I thought she would hide and not stand there and watch me count. So, I gave her another chance. I told her to go and hide again and I would count to 12.

This time it worked. She hid. "Ready or not, here I come!" And with that, she was running out from behind the curtains, squealing like a piggy. This happened 4 more times. Then I got to hide again. I said, "Greta, count to 12 slowly so I have time to hide." "OK mamma. One, two, free! Ready or not herewhy come!"

Greta's enthusiasm overwhelms her, sometimes. And, it overwhelms me all the time!

No comments: