Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I am a Nerd

On Halloween night, right after we got the babies back from trick or treating, I was pulling bread out of the oven and getting everything else ready for our guests. Derek took Greta and Jack back outside to look at the pumpkins and from what he told me, they went back over to our neighbors, Mike and Dottie's, house. They returned and came back inside and Jack wanted me to hold him. The door bell rang and it was Greta's favorite friend, Catilyn, who was dressed as Snow White. I brought them in to get treats and was still holding Jack. He started crying so I handed him a box of Nerds to fondle. I love Nerds. I wasn't thinking. I wanted those Nerds. I was talking to Snow White and not even paying attention and then I heard the sound of tiny candy falling and bouncing all over the hardwood floors. Jack, the cardboard eater had munched through and my Nerds were lost forever.

And, I confess that I ate them off of the ground...all of them that I could find. And, Greta came up to me this morning and held up a tiny pink rock and said, "Mamma, what is this?" And, I said, "Its a pebble, let me throw it away." nom nom nom nom.

1 comment:

The Kazmaier's said...

Tee hee! Can't stay away from the candy here! :-)