Monday, May 11, 2009

One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish










I had a wonderful weekend of treats and surprises. It was Mother's Day, after all! Derek made an appointment for me at Natural Body Spa for a massage. It was just perfect - just what this over tired mother needed! My very good friend, Tara, went with me and she had a facial. Afterwards we walked into a few boutiques and picked out shoes and summer dresses that we loved...and we laughed because in the end we found ourselves at a table of baby and toddler shoes and were shopping for our little ones instead of ourselves. I was glad to see that I am not the only mom that always does this. We went to North and had a glass of wine in the sun until our poor husbands called with crying hungry babies in the background. The good news was that they had a table all ready for us at Houlihan's and we met them there for dinner, followed by an ice cream cone at Dairy Queen. This was a perfect day.

On Sunday we drove to Windsor and met Papa and Gee for a picnic and fishing at Windsor Park. The weather was cool -almost cold out! The trees and grass are so green and lush right now. It was really pretty. Greta and I picked out a bright flower pot and filled it with pink flowers for Gee and we also found some wonderful tea for her to enjoy every afternoon. I hope she does!

So, back to the fishing.....We caught nothing but some seaweed. All Greta wanted to catch was a shoe, but the shoes weren't biting that day. Gee and Papa got Greta a Snoopy fishing pole just like we all had growing up. We baited the hook with the half of Greta's sonic hamburger that she wouldn't eat. (We dare not bait with worms because Greta absolutely loves them...in a very affectionate kind of way...Never ever to see one on a hook.) Derek taught her how to cast and watch the bobbin and reel in the slack. I was so fond of fishing as a child. I love seeing my little girl out in the mud loving it just as much. It is still a wonderful way to enjoy quiet and nature and get to know yourself better with your thoughts....And to get to know some frogs along the bank.

No comments: