Friday, November 21, 2008

A very good friend came to visit






My good friend, Rachel and her wonderful husband, David, and beautiful boy, Liam, came to Kansas City for a long weekend. Rachel is an artist and had a show at the Blue Gallery in Kansas City's ever popular Crossroads Art District. I love her work so much. I would have one in every room if I could afford it!

One reason this visit was so special, though, is that Greta and Liam were actually born hours apart. A moment in my life that I will never forget is one were Rachel shared her joyous news of being pregnant with me and then I shared mine with her! We were due days apart and we talked every day of our pregnancy. We laid on our couches - mine in Kansas City and hers in Shreveport, LA and we ate ice cream and shared our kick stories and our back aches. She thought she was having a girl and I thought I was having a boy. We were both wrong!
Now we talk as often as is possible between toddler tantrums and naptimes..still eating ice cream and sharing back aches. I was so excited to finally hold Liam and see his big brown eyes up close. Greta and Liam played so well together. We've decided they are getting married someday.

No comments: