Friday, November 21, 2008

Not much to write about...


Sorry, it has been slow around here. We are getting into a good routine with Jack and Greta. We are loving the chaos, but also looking forward to sleeping again sometime soon.

Greta has a big birthday coming up in just a few weeks and Derek and I have been planning and preparing every little detail to make it special for her. She has a few BFFs that have rsvp'd and Gee and PaPa, too, so we know she will have a great time. Jack said he will be there, too, as long as it doesn't conflict with naptime.

Jack is still full of wonderful baby surprises! He is showing signs of being blonde with blue eyes and he has the most intoxicating toothless smile I have ever seen! He and Greta had their first squabble... Greta came up where he couldn't see her and she gave him a big lion roar. His eyes widened and his bottom lip came out and he sobbed like a baby! Greta gave him Niney for comfort. She was sad, too. I don't think that is the reaction she expected. When she roars at us we laugh.

I have a confession. I have Christmas music playing in the house much too early this year. I always wait until after Thanksgiving Day, but this year I found myself humming the tunes and had to hear my favorites. I also confess that I rationalized this by telling Derek that maybe Greta would learn the words by Christmas if we started now.

I told Greta about Jesus, too. She calls him Gigi. So, it seems she already knows him!

No comments: