Monday, September 8, 2008

So much can happen in 9 months


It has been too long! I don't even know where to begin, and that has been the biggest obstacle for me in posting a new entry...let me just begin...

Since last I wrote, we sold our tiny house on Holly Street and bought a home in Overland Park. And if that wasn't big enough news, I can top it...we are adding a son to our family!

I am due in three weeks and he is already so loved....even by Greta, who kisses my tummy and laughs.

The events of the past months just snowballed into one another and Derek and I also had to laugh. I have to admit that packing and moving with morning sickness is as hard as you might imagine it to be. But, we survived. Greta was a big help. (sarcasm). We found this happy home and knew it would suit our needs right away - what a change it is from where we lived before. The street outside is quiet at night and there are kids riding bikes to school and to play each day on it. Greta seems to feel at home here! She enjoys the stairs and so much more room to play. And, for the very first time, at 14 months old, she slept through the whole night without needing some cuddle time from me. Believe me....we should have moved sooner!

As Greta settles into this new world with us, I worry about her having an easy adjustment - a new home, a new baby in the house, less time on her momma's lap....And I reflect on it often as she naps in her new room, in her old crib with her old fuzzy friends and I realize that she is eager for life to evolve and I might be the one to harbor fears. She weaned from breastfeeding at 17 months without a single tear. I never had to tell her no, I just had to guide her. She is so very expressive and chatters away in her own language trying to make her point. Now the words are flowing and I find the patience to listen closely and am always so glad that I did, she always makes me laugh. Booger. That is funny.

Another thing that makes me laugh...I thought I already loved her the full amount, but somehow it keeps growing.

1 comment:

The Kazmaier's said...

I'm so glad you are back up and running...although it seems I talk to you at least twice a week, I love seeing pictures!!! YEAH!