Monday, April 22, 2013

Two Teef

Just for kicks, do you ever lift up the lip of your kid and look at their gums? I sure don't.  Until Greta said, "Hey Mamma, my big tooth is coming in through my gum!" Greta wiggled her front tooth for weeks but never got it loose enough to pull, and when she showed me the white spot on her gum, that surely did appear to be a big tooth coming in, we decided Dr.  better help us out.




We took her in and he xrayed.  The teeth looked good and both front teeth are right there ready to come in.  He said to wait and let her get the tooth out.  I said, "But, isn't it coming through the gum?" He lifted her lip, and said, "That isn't a tooth! That is an abscess!" So, without further adieu, meet toothless.  He pulled both front teeth and got the infection out.  How horrible I feel as her mother that didn't even know! How long had this been going on!? Well, possibly since she fell a few years ago.  Greta never said anything hurt.  And, Greta, you were so brave and good at the dentist!


The Tooth fairy came by again.  She left a 20.  I think she has some deep seeded guilt associated with dental pain.  Stay tuned for adorable pictures of Greta with her new smile!  Big girl cometh!

No comments: