Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Wiggle It


She got her very first tooth on Mother's Day when she was 5 months old.  She lost her very first tooth on Father's Day when she was 5 years old.

She ran up to me in a panic (which isn't abnormal for Miss Drama). My tooth is broken! Can we glue it? She showed me a wiggley tooth.  I lost my composure and slapped my hands on my cheeks and screamed as tears filled up my eyes.  I  didn't mean to, I just, at that moment saw my sweet baby girl grow up a little.  Her new smile is coming.  Big girl teeth.  I am happy/sad.  I just love her.

So we wiggled it and wiggled it and tried dental floss on it and big red apples and big green apples and corn on the cob.  But she was in no hurry.  I am in no hurry.  A week and a half later, on the night of Father's Day, she let Derek try with a tissue.  Not coming out.  Then she let me.

I got that tooth out just as she was telling me to stop, it popped out in my fingers! We put it in her little Toothfairy jar.  We listened to her hop out of bed and check to see if the fairy had come for hours after bedtime.  Finally she slept.  I made Derek go to the ATM.

In the morning she woke up and her little first tooth was gone and ten whole dollars was in it's place! (Apparently that is too much, but it was her first tooth, after all.)  And, low and behold, the next tooth is already wiggling now that it's neighbor is gone.

By Halloween we will have a Jackolantern!

No comments: