Monday, October 10, 2011

The Worm is Hers

Derek took this little picture the other morning before we started our day at Preschool. I think Greta looks like a little girl now, growing up and becoming her own little person more than ever. She has a lot of passion for the arts. I told Derek that I wouldn't be surprised if she was artistic like he is or musical like me, but she tends to excel in both. I feel so proud and so amazed. I feel a sense of responsibility to nurture her gifts and guide her with them. I let her stay awake after tucking her into bed and draw on her magna-doodle and she draws the most detailed doodles! She is also writing words and copying text from books. She fixates on it, and is so proud to show me what she writes. She calls me up to her room and says, "Are you not impressed?" She wakes at 4 am singing. This, I am not feeling as keen about, but who can blame me. She is sweet and caring and loving. She is driven and serious about these things that motivate her. She tries to dance on her toes and twirls and twirls. She has written songs and performed them for her class. She puts a song in my heart.....starting at 4 am, that early bird.

No comments: