Thursday, August 27, 2009

It's What I Like to Call an Adventure





Jack is nearly 11 months old. He walks with expertise, he climbs on furniture, he goes up the stairs faster than me, and he can almost get down them again without going head first. He still wakes in the night and bellows for me at least 3 times before dawn. He says Dadda, Mamma, hi, hiya, bite, more, dat, done. He loves to point at pictures in books and bubbles over with these expressions of wonder. He waves hello and claps. He especially claps when he eats something he likes. He is finished with pureed baby food and will only eat what we eat. He would prefer to walk around the house with a sandwich in his hand taking a bite and then taking a lap around the family room. He has 7 teeth. He climbs onto our Wonderhorse and sits and waits for me to come and give it a bounce. He follows his sister around the house and adores her. Jack is such a happy baby boy.

Greta, now 2 1/2, is this itty bitty person with an exceptional gift. She has passion. Passion for Goofy. Derek and Greta have been working on drawing the handsome fellow and Greta took one of the drawings to nap with her. When she woke a few hours later, I heard her lilting little voice in song and went in her room to get her up. She continued her song and I bent down at her level to hear. I heard a song coming out of her that I never expected, "I want to know what love is...I want you to show me...I want to know what love is..." Isn't that by Foreigner? She was singing a power ballad to Goofy. And, he better not break her little heart, dammit!

2 comments:

The Kazmaier's said...

LOL! You had me rolling! Those kids of yours!

The Kazmaier's said...

LOL! You had me rolling! Those kids of yours!