Wednesday, July 1, 2009

O Jack.







With my super quick mamma skills I ran upstairs to get Greta from her nap and I left little Jack Jack down in our family room, thinking it was baby proofed. I came back down seconds later to find he had stood up, reached up and gotten this giant bowl down from a desk. The bowl was filled with Cheerios because Greta had poured a whole box of them into it before her nap. Jack was sitting there holding it looking at me with those happy eyes. He hadn't spilled a single O. He must be gifted. Truly gifted.

So, I had to have a photo shoot with him as he munched away by the fist full. Look closely and you will see the airborne O's between bowl and mouth. Such speed and agility. Munch munch munch.


Now, I know, this is lame. I have nothing for you...Not a thing to write about. We are in full swing of summer and I am the prisoner of my babies' non converging nap schedules. Jack naps and wakes almost minutes after I have laid Greta down. Then Greta wakes and Jack starts rubbing his eyes. We do try very hard to get out and about and enjoy the fresh air and sunshine, I just have to juggle one happy and one cranky baby...And also one crazy mamma. But, I do still have my sense. I have to note that a few weeks ago a man approached us and asked me if they were twins. Granted, they were in a double stroller, but there is absolutely no chance that they are even close. They don't even look alike. One is a bald baby and one has these long grasshopper legs hanging out trying to drag on the pavement. At least I am still smarter than somebody even considering my sleep deprivation!

Yes, the sleep deprivation.. I have a confession. I let Jack cry in his crib for the first time. I put him in and awakened all of his toys so he would be entertained and then I jumped in the shower with Greta. I just had to wash the hair. It wasn't even a shave your legs kind of shower. But, Jack began to cry, mostly because he could hear Greta in the shower with me, laughing at my boobs. I could hear him cry and cry and I was rinsing, and drying off. By the time I got to his door and peered in he was laying on his back and his binky was hanging out of the side of his mouth. He was alseep and it was the first time in his whole life that he got that way without my lullabies and rocking. I feel horrible for it! Was he let down or was he comforted in sleep? Did he know I was standing there staring at him dripping all over the floor? He didn't. And, he still woke up smiling.

No comments: