Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Come to the Table







I was a food stylist. And, I was good. I found these pictures that were taken about 2 months before I got pregnant with Greta. These were for a promotional ad campaign for The Bristol in Leawood, Kansas. We shot for about 4 days with photographer, Kenny Johnson, in his studio in downtown Kansas City. Kenny is a soft spoken man, very very talented and not a bit arrogant. He was such a pleasure to work with. We had the chef of the Bristol on set to answer any questions and to make sure the recipes were followed precisely. I remember he offered me a job and I laughed...I only make food look good, not taste good!
I am so pleased to find these pictures - I don't have many of all of the work I did...But, here is the proof that I know how to sling a plate of more than just chicken fingers and applesauce, right Greta?

It is amazing, the detail put into each shot. Every single morsel and sauce was placed with purpose..even the sesames were toasted and glued on each cracker. I even made the crackers! I made the bacon curly and I blackened the tuna. I placed each grill mark on the salmon and I picked every kernel of corn.

I have to chuckle a little as I sit and study my old pictures in a room cluttered with baby dolls and bristle blocks. Now I am styling life. May my children turn out as perfectly well mannered as the tuna tartar!

1 comment:

The Kazmaier's said...

Mmmm...I'm suddenly VERY HUNGARY!!!!!!! Wanna come style my ramen noodles?