Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Jack Goes to S'Cool


Jack and Greta pose outside of Bethany Lutheran Day School.  It is hard to get a picture of just Jack.  Greta just seems to pop up right there, with a smile to add.


Jack was bursting....Almost literally.  He is thrilled to be a school boy at last.


Proud to be Jack.


Here my go!


Waiting to start the morning, Jack is full of butterflies.


My tears were unstoppable. I love my baby boy.


He is so soft and sweet and smart.


Jack is a preschooler now!


I have waited a few days to write about this morning.  I was taken with emotions ranging from pride to sadness.  Jack is our baby boy and he is such an incredible soul.  He has been my buddy.  He is a grocery shopper extraordinaire, a car wash guru, and a lazy cartoon watcher/ toasted English Muffin aficionado .  He is a Target ninja.  Now he is a preschooler. Now I must run the errands solo...and I am going to miss him.

But, onward we go. Preschool is such a big deal.  He has already made friends, but doesn't know any one's name.  He likes the giant building blocks of wood and the big tub of beans.  He likes to play outside and peek at his sister through the window. 

He makes cards for all of us...Even Mimsy got one.  He saves his snack and brings it home to share with me . I love him so much.  I couldn't hug him tighter that morning he went to school.

And, I wanted to say to his teachers, "Love him. Love him as much as me.  He is special and wants to be with you.  He wants to tell you stories.  Listen close.  All he needs is your time and patience.  Please love him and listen. I promise you will be glad you did."



No comments: